Monday, January 31, 2011

FNM

i have returned! i have to apologize to those that actually read my blog for my absence for my life has been consumed with A.getting a new car B.testing Kor Spiritdancer control C.work D.fighing a cold E preparing for MBS!
Lets start with the prerelease or as I like to call it, The Night I Made So Many Misplays and Why Do I Go To Prereleases If I Just Lose In Them.
Lets start the night off with a little bit of standard at the FNM. I brought my Spiritdancer control deck as I mentioned and I don’t think I have ever made so many mistakes in a tournament before. I know it was just FNM but shit, I made so many misplays and terrible SB choices. For instance, when I played against Valakut, my favorite match up ever!, I didn’ttt side in ratchet bombs, DoJ or even leylines...wtf. If there is any match up that I personally favor in this format its valakut.but shit did I drop the ball in this time. I have to admit, my loss to RUG was not as bad as I thought. I didn’t draw and stellar hands, and I kept him off his important cards for as long as I could. I shut down his titans which slows RUG down so much. I lost, but I think I did fairly well for my first time battling against it.
Second was UW control which was another match I don’t mind playing against. Spreading seas 4 times in a row will set anyone back and I learned that elspeth is a beast. Her tokens and life gain got me out of many problems. I ended up winning that match.
BUG was another deck I had yet to play. I knew exactly what was going to happen and what she needed to win and I shut that off with pacifism and proper counter magic. Again elsepth proves her worth and how underrated she is by placing tokens on the board to stop onslaughts from avenger tokens and cobra beats. I pulled game 2 out of my ass with elspeth pulling all of the weight
last match was valakut where I royally fucked up.
Overall my standard FNM was full of misplays and me not paying attention. Not the best way to start playing standard again.


No comments:

Post a Comment