Sunday, January 2, 2011

thank you

So my girlfriends brothers used to play magic and if there is one thing my girlfriend actually hate, its people that play magic. My girlfriend is a Softball player for her college and so if you know anything about high school social ladders then you know that jocks hate nerds and blah blah blah and unfortunately for me, my girlfriend never grew out of that...shes got growing up to do lol. and whats really funny about jocks hating nerds that I used to be the jock nerd hybrid... I dabbled in everything and meshed with everyone. You get friends and tons of girls that way :] anyways, so today I was having dinner with my girlfriend and her family and one of her brothers and I were talking about magic. BTW all of the brothers are pretty nerdy, they game pretty hardcore, love all things Nintendo and are into tech stuff and are involved with the coast guard. Sooo yeah they know what magic is. So I was talking to the youngest one and how he was playing around nemesis which is around the same time I was playing and in the background my girlfriend continued to say “he got his shirt Jacob.” “yeah he got a shirt for the people he writes for” “ yeah he writes for a website and people read his articles” lol it was funny because when I mentioned it that I wrote for a site,60cards.com, he grew quite and I just blurbed about how I came to write for them and what I write and that I rep Jesse and the site when ever I can. And it got me thinking...i should really thank the people that really made a difference in my life as of Gen Con... so here it is

My list is pretty simple
-Twitter people I want to thank you for the fast pace of information out and the answers to the questions that I post. The magic community is so strong online trolls and players can talk instantly, share information, strats and like Jeebus, Troll Mega hard for no reason at all. I am sure you have a reason...but I doubt anyone actually cares hugs :] also, metaknightmare, dcampa93 thedoctorbaker, shout outs to you guys.

-i want to thank joey from MTG taps. Seriously this guy works so hard and he manages to make that cast as great as it is. Yeah I only thanked joey cuz he makes the cast great, I got through a lot of this summer with this cast in my ears. I appreciate the time he put into it, keep on keepin on brotha

-i want to thank Jon fuckin Medina. I met this guy at Gen Con in Indy last year when he was finishing up his pack to power and it was a fuckin honor to meet him. Its been great seeing him explode onto the scene this year and I can only see him and his magic career going up, this man knows what hes talking about. Hes been really good at talking with me about his thoughts about the game and the people in it and I am really honored to call him a friend. Listen to what this guy has to say.

-i wanna thank Evan Erwin because that magic show is amazing and he can hype the shit out of cards...time reversal LOL.

-i really want to thank Vince Acosta because helped me test so much standard. Hes a true friend and it sucks that I don’t have a car right now or I would be testing and hanging out with him a lot more. Sorry man but no worries we will kick it soon again.

-i wanna thank the Eh Team Podcast. From the second episode of this wonderful cast, I have been pushing myself to be a legit magic player truly love playing the game an it inspires me to play my fucking best.
I can honestly say that this cast would not be the same if Jayboosh wasn’t in it and I probably wouldn’t listen to it if he wasn’t on it.hes funny, straight forward and will call you out and tell you to fuck yourself...listen to the earlier casts when he swore more, greatness.
Scott, thank you for answering my questions about control and being just such a fountain of information. Its an honor to be writing on the same site that you are.
And Jesse. I want to thank Jesse so much because if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be writing for anyone and I wouldn’t bet repping a site soooo hard. This guy just grinds magic so much and I admire him trying to break standard as it is no easy feat. I have so much respect for him and the fact that he has let me write for him means so much more than he and everyone will ever know and I got his back...except on the Koth is better than Jace argument, hes on his own there.
I'd write something for kyt but shit...he doesn’t even talk to me anymore. Sorry kyt :/
I wanna rep 60cards.com really quickly and say that I will do my best to rep them in California and in the Bay Area as much as I can. You guys can find me at tourneys wearing my 60cards shirt and hopefully I can get a hoodie and a play mat made as well. I will be repping 60cards as long as Jesse has me and doing my best to win doing so.
I also want to thank all the people that have read my site and getting me to 1000 visits in 3 months. It doesn’t sound like much but when I see that people have taken the time to actually sit and read what I have to say it drives me to write more for here and the site

No comments:

Post a Comment